Thursday, February 19, 2009

Blog of the day - LA x SH

Today's cool blog: LA x SH

(http://lukeinshanghai.blogspot.com/)

See that? It's a great, crisp blog displaying some general photos and fantastic illustrations, seasoned lightly with some text.

While there seems to be no solid posting pattern, the blog does update with new content every few days. Which is soon enough to keep me coming back if I can expect to see more cool drawings.

Right now the post numbers are low... but perhaps with a few more visitors and some appreciative comments the writer and illustrator (one in the same??? yes, I think so...) will be more willing.

I like the design, even though orange is my least favorite color (Don't ask. Unless you want to know. Then you should ask.). I'll ignore that for the time being and just appreciate the simplicity and clean cut format.

As far as raw content goes, as of now the illustrations and photos are doing enough. However, I'm hoping that in the future I'll see a little more text. Maybe I expect myself to hit an I-wanna-read-more session soon...

Rating -

Content: 7/10 - I like the graphics, I want more! And perhaps I'd like to know a little more about those characters. There must be a plot somewhere. Perhaps you could hold a blog story. Eh? Eh?

Style: 7/10 - I love basic formats. I really do. But, I would also love to see a little more jazz in the sidebar. Perhaps a "subscribe" link... maybe I'm getting picky. Or maybe I'm also a hypocritical blogger. Mine aren't exactly full of bells and whistles.

Total rating: 7/10 - I like it! I'll check back frequently.


Opinions? Comments? Anything? I want to hear from you. Yeah, you...

P.S. - I like cats. And there are pictures of a cute cat. =)

-Robbie

No comments:

Post a Comment